A lover of fabric and things of old, I hope you enjoy my thoughts brought to being by my needle and thread. ~~ Debbie

Friday, October 23, 2009

I'm Feelin' Lucky!!


I ran across this little beauty in my driveway!!
This is an Eastern Massagua Rattle snake.
If you look it up it is rather rare to see one.
This one is a baby-so that means there is a mom, dad and a few bothers and sisters
around here somewhere!!!!!
As you can see this one is in a striking position- would not scare for no love or money and waited for us to leave the area.
Can't wait till next spring when I start weeding my flowerbeds!!!!

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Yikes! I hope that snake was just passing through. We only have garters around here but that's enough for me. I am not a fan!

Enjoy what's left of the weekend.

Linda* ~ Josephine’s Daughter said...

Oh my gosh...that thing freaks me out!
Thank heavens he didn't get ya.
Keep an eye out.
Linda*

Diana said...

YIKES is right, and you are lucky..Only garters here too, but we have rattlers an hour away..EEK :)

La Donna Welter said...

YIKES is right!!!!!!